Re: SPEC: Second Bloom---I. minuteoaurea

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC: Second Bloom---I. minuteoaurea
  • From: Henryanner@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 20:04:17 -0600 (MDT)

Clarence carolled:

<<  I am now beyond delight to report that the second  beardless species to
bloom is from that rare, in the U.S. at least, Series  Chinenses.  Today,
quite by accident, I discovered my clump of the wee Iris minutoaurea filled
with tiny, exquisite flowers of bright yellow. This is the third time I have
grown Iris minutoaurea, but the first time I have ever seen it in bloom >>

I am pea green with envy. Mine has never bloomed although I have had it four
years and it increases and seems content otherwise. I have come to the
conclusion it needs more sun than it is getting in the place I have it.
Perhaps it has also needed to settle in. I had also assumed it would boom a
bit later in the season.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA
Henry Hall  henryanner@aol.com