TB - Action Front and the register
- To: Multiple recipients of list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: TB - Action Front and the register
- From: Croftway@aol.com
- Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:37:22 -0600 (MDT)
Two questions about Action Front (Cook, 1942):
1. Does anyone know of a US nursery offering this variety? Names and
addresses please (I need to know for a US resident friend).
2. Action Front is listed in the 1949 Checklist as not introduced. Underneath
is a listing for "Action Frost" as introduced by National Iris Gardens of
Oregon in 1943, indicating that the plant in question is in fact Action
Front. So how come the list does not show Action Front as introduced? Is this
something that should be put right, as AF is widely available over here?
Clearly a matter for the registrar. Comments welcome, also notes of other
Croftway Nursery, Barnham, West Sussex, UK
USDA zone 8 - lovely and sunny today, but very dry for April.