Re: What's Blooming

As of 4/02 the following SDB which are also listed as rebloomers in their
respective catalogues are in bloom.  Dark Crystal,Baby Boom, Aurolita, Azure
Gem,  Little Show Off (also the first), Clue, Jewel Baby, Darkling, Thrice
Blessed,and Cry Baby.  This is the second spring and a few bloomed last year,
but due to the three freezes in March, they were not too good. Only one
bloomed for me last fall - Cry Baby, and that has not increased expnentially
as the others have.  Perhaps it is better that they not bloom so well the
first year. I am still having trouble with critters. City Lights has lost a
large fan -- broken of  near the base. I mean broken, not chewed or rotted.
 Nest to the rhizome I found a hole in the ground about an inch and a half in
diameter, probably the start of a tunnel.  The nest day I found a fan on the
rhizome next to it broken with another hole next to  the rhizome.  Needless
to say, I have plugged both holes and have inspected the entire bed.  No
others have been broken, however there are other holes. City Lights has a
bloom stalk 12 inches high.
Joanne Hackman,Clarksville, TN.  This is the prettiest spring in at least
four years.