Re: JI / SPEC "Rose Queen(s)"?

John from Ensata wrote:

<< They are, there are, two different plants with the same name!  Fun and
 with the name-game.  Clarence Mahan has officially registered the name ROSE
 QUEEN with AIS for the pink, species form of I. ensata.   But there is also
 pink, species form of I. laevigata called Rose Queen.  As of this date,
 ensata ROSE QUEEN is widely available in the U.S. and laevigata Rose Queen
 not known to be available in the U.S.  I would like to help confuse the
 problem by acquiring a division of the laevigata Rose Queen!  >>

So would I. I could try to cross it with HENRY"S WHITE.

I believe rather a lot of iris folk are going to England this Spring and I
think they should bring you a lovely present which you could share with me.
Not the best time to move a hunk, but it could be done. Last I heard you
could bring back up to four plants in your luggage, but all soil had to be

I assume this will not come true from seed ?

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA ---Delighted there are two of them to enjoy.
Henry Hall  henryanner@aol.com