Re: TB-Treating Mosaic

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: TB-Treating Mosaic
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 20:20:18 -0600 (MDT)

Nancy Jentzsch wrote:
 The leaves on all the affected plants are way too
> light a green, not terribly streaked. I doubt a feeding problem because the
> 10-5-5 mixture was both dug into the soil when the bed was redone and was
> applied as a top dressing. The plants last year were badly infested with
> aphids. I sprayed for that, but not before some of the plants were badly
> damaged (tops, not rhizomes).

I would suggest that you get your soil tested.  However, I suspect that
your soil may be lacking in iron which would perhaps turn the foilage a
light green (chlorosis).  This sometimes happens to my Louisianas and I
treat the condition with Ironite.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California