RE: BLOOM/HAIL

CLiff, I'm so sorry--I've been there with the hail.  Maybe we all have.  I
remember one particular Thursday before our local Saturday when I watched a
wall of hail charge into my iris beds; it was a fine sharp hail that shredded
everything like cat's claws.  But as for cleanup, maybe the best thing for now
is a good stiff drink and to wait for a couple of days.  Then the damaged
stuff will be wilted, and you can tell better what's still healthy and will
grow.  Just cut off the damaged leaves--you want to save as much leaf surface
as you can to provide food for the plant.  And hopefully there are still buds
lurking where the hail couldn't reach, and you'll have more bloom in a few
day.

Barb, in Santa Fe, where hail is our worst natural disaster next to drought.