  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: BLOOM/HAIL
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 23:27:59 -0600 (MDT)

> But as for cleanup, maybe the best thing for now
> is a good stiff drink and to wait for a couple of days.  Then the damaged
> stuff will be wilted, and you can tell better what's still healthy and will
> grow.  Just cut off the damaged leaves--you want to save as much leaf surface
> as you can to provide food for the plant.  And hopefully there are still buds
> lurking where the hail couldn't reach, and you'll have more bloom in a few
> day.
This is what we did back in '94 when the hail came through our garden on
the Thursday before our Show.  All we had left was a beautiful carpet of
multi-colored confetti on the ground.  It is a good thing it was pretty
because that year, for us, it was over.  I cried for 2 hours.:-(  We
just had a hail here followed by tornados all over the place.  We'll
know in the morning how bad it was.  Notice it is the Thursday before a
Saturday show again??
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
of rain a year.  Our average wind speed is 12.5 mph and we have an