Re: Freeze

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Freeze
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 20:40:31 -0600 (MDT)

Walter A. Moores wrote:
>         When are we going to have a 'normal' iris year, or is there such a
> thing?  If so, when was the last one?

This is the second year in a row in L.A. with a warm winter then cool

Last year, for the first time ever, I (and
several better growers) had many established
clumps not bloom at all.

Will this year be a repeat? Some of those that
skipped last year have done very well this year,
but many have not bloomed yet. Who knows.

Gerry, loving whatever's blooming
gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles