laughter good for soul

hi- it is not always funny but thanks Dave for the "cubit".
Yesterday  I visited tulip fields at Skagit Vally. It was lovely ,lots of
color- stripes of types- the official season ends this weekend but the tulips
are just coming into to the very begining of the mid- season fot tulips- that
means they are at least 2 weeks behind schedual. What average?
Cooley's cat. arrived yesterday, pcis was concerded about Aitkens cat- thanks
I was rather interested in where to find Ii albertii-imbricata ( because of
Clarence) does the fact that Dr. Rodionenko was trying to grow them mean that
they are not available in US? or are seeds available  from someplace?
Tony we set our computor to collect messages during early am automatically.
Saves lots of time and agrivation.
Amy- when there is more than E or M or L such as it could mean it has a very
long season of bloom . The sequence of time the flowers are are out makes it
possible for you to have the flower in bloom for a longer period of time. If
the iris has 12 buds and they all bloom at once it will look like a gladiola,
but if 2 or 3 are blooming from differant branches you could have say 3 weeks
of bloom from one stalk hence EML
depending upon the weather and "average" season.
The" walking iris" which I have growing in a pot( I saw growing like a weed
at a  public garden  in Florida) has an id tag printed Neomerica gracilis.
The bloom is very shor t lived  but lovely.
Chopped down apple tree this winter after sheets of ice distroyed it then the
wind nearly took out. Bought an espelliared one yesterday to replace it.
Wanted to replace the old one anyway. So it is out  to dig a hole and to
check to see if any mdbs are peeking  their noses out yet.

Rita B    in UP, Wa where we are having another lovely sunny day-38f at 7 am
where Mt. Rainier is almost always in view , Mt Adams occasionally depending
on how clear the skies are.