normal iris year

We are new to the internet but not to iris.  we are Leslie & Wayne Jobe
and we live in Omaha NE.  We just had an early Spring snow storm, that
dumped 14" of snow in our yard.  Iris bloom will be a little late this
year.  Some of you were wondering when the last normal iris year was.
Here are four Irisarian Laws:
1. A normal iris bloom season was experienced in 1923.  There has been
no  normal year since that time.
2. You can predict a rain storm with 97% accuracy by checking when the
next iris show is scheduled and predicting it will rain the preceding
day.
3. Irises and weeds are companion plants and should be grown together.
(Many people refuse to believe this law, but end up practicing it
anyway).
4. The more you pay for an iris the more likely it is to die.

Leslie & Wayne Region 21.