Iris Refrigeration

Dear Friends on the List,
	Great chat last night!  The most interesting idea that came up was to
refrigerate iris so they stay in bud until show time.  We need more
information on this.  Can anyone tell me what condition the bud should be
in at the time of cutting?
 Should the spathe be three quarters up with just a bit of color showing?
 Or should the spathe be gone, full color, but no swelling?
Or should the bud be in full color, swelling and beginning to open?

We have just one week until show time so we hope to try this method if we
can clear enough food out of the refrig to fit a few "gunea pigs".  On chat
we learned that Queens of Show have come from some of these cold
environments to take their crowns.
			Thanks in Advance for Any Help You Can Give!

				Sharlyn Rocha
				srocha@pacbell.net
				zone 9, region 15