Re: Historic AUTUMN ORANGELITE

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Historic AUTUMN ORANGELITE
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 13:28:27 -0600 (MDT)

	Last year I ordered AUTUMN ORNGELITE from the HIPS sale.  AO was
introduced in 1962 by G. Percy Brown before the color orange was really
perfected, except for Melba's  ORANGE PARADE, 1959.  I am doubting,
though, the authenticity of what I got from the sale.  What I got was a
clean, glowing yellow self.  There is no brown or any other muddy color in
this creation that has a 1930's form to it.  I have been told that what I
have is ZANTHA.

	If anybody grows either AUTUMN ORANGELITE or ZANTHA, please give
me your input.

	Thanks in advance.

	Walter Moores
	Enid lake, MS  7/8