re: I. lacustris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: re: I. lacustris
  • From: plb123@psu.edu (Paul and Heather Bruhn)
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 20:53:49 -0600 (MDT)

Margie wrote,
>I would like to know where I could obtain I. lacustris. I live in Michigan
>and since this is a supposedly rare and endangered native species I would
>like to try and grow it. I would need to research it's requirements first of
>course to see if I could provide them in my garden.

I. lacustris is offered by a nursery not far from Pittsburgh called the
Primrose Path.  It was recommended by the American Primrose Society as
having good quality plants.  Their catalog is very informative, particularly
because it emphasizes the use of American native plants in the landscape.

The Primrose Path
R.D. 2, Box 110
Scottdale, PA 15683

Hope this helps!

Heather Bruhn (going nuts working on my MA thesis)
Paul L. Bruhn            plb123@psu.edu            Heather McCune Bruhn
State College, Pennsylvania, zone 5 (almost zone 6 but not quite!)