Re: Morea iridoides

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Morea iridoides
  • From: "Robert L. Roberson" <patrob@centex.net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 21:38:37 -0600 (MDT)

>Does anyone know if there is a picture of either the bicolor or white flowered
>Morea iridoides somewhere on the Internet?
>Also, anyone familiar with the plant, what color is the bicolor form?

>Donald Mosser

The Morea bicolor I purchsed this year came with a photo on the label;  it
is described as having "iris-like yellow flowers with maroon blotches ...
during summer months."  The photo shows a pale yellow flower (which looks
something like a Japanese iris to me) with 3 dark maroon "eyes."
Patricia Roberson, in Goldthwaite, TX, where I have wrapped bloom stalks on
Jesse's Song and Best Bet in newspapers because of predicted hard freeze