RE: SPEC: douglasiana

On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Barbara Mann wrote:

> Ah, Karin, thanks for the sharing.  Now get out there and take pictures so
> those of us who can only imagine this scene can get a glimpse!  Please?   I'm
> sure Tom will help you with posting pictures on the cork board.
>
> Barb, in Santa Fe, NM, where everything is frozen.  Again.  Crummybuttons.
>

> The forest here is alive with the native PCI's. It is incredible
> how beautiful the species iris is.The colors range from white to
> a dark violet with a pale yellow thrown in. I love how etherial
> (sp) the little wild ones are. Everywhere I walk I see huge
> clumps of different colored iris. I had wanted to put a compost
> pile back behind some huckleberry bushes and couldn't because of

Actually Rodney Barton has a web page for Native North American
irises and will be glad to have any pictures you can spare of any
of the native irises in California or elsewhere. He needs
contributions from the Iris-L to fill in gaps in  his list.

address for the web page
is:http://molly.hsc.unt.edu/~rbarton/NANI.html

--
Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>