Re: OT-BIO Dana Squires

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT-BIO Dana Squires
  • From: David Silverberg <sil1812@molalla.net>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 02:45:26 -0600 (MDT)

dana squires wrote:

> I am what one would call a rank amateur. Ive always liked iris, and always
> had a few clumps around but its only been in the last year or so that Ive
> started paying more attention. Im not a big fan of bearded, I like the
> simpler lines of siberians and the like. And saturated colors. Last fall I
> planted my first Japanese and PCIs (tho I think there may have been had
> some growing in the yard masquerading as something else.) and am waiting
> for them to do their thing . So far so good, the Japanese are a couple of
> inches tall, nothing yet for the PCIs. My yard is not as sunny as it could be.
>
> In my non-iris life I am an artist. I live in Olympia WA, have 2 lovely
> daughters, Kajaat (6) and Rama (3), and cat Spot.

Welcome Dana;
Now the next thing you need to do, is find the nearest Iris Club to you,
and join in the fun. I think the nearest is probably the Pierce County
Iris Society. Rita Butler from that club is on-line, so she can probably
confrim that for me. Even though we live in Oregon, my husband, Dave and
I belong to Pierce County, and King County Iris Societies, because if
they have a program that is really interesting, it is worth the trip to
indulge, as well as a good excuse to see dear friends more often. Think
about it. If you need any more info, get back to me.

Nancy Silverberg
Molalla, OR where THIRD CHARM is doing it's thing!!!