Alice's Dream

this plant is in the "94 checklist as follows
ALICE'S DREAM (Jim Hedgecock, R. 1994) Sdlg. 85-unk-1 TB, 34" (85cm), M.
Medium yellow, lighter area near bright golden yellow beards; ruffled, laced;
slight sweet fragance. Parentage unknown.

The description of the dougs in the wild and in your garden sounds lovely
except for the fact! you will have trouble keeping the unknown from the
known. Your location says the pci's will most likely be very happy there and
so will the bees. If you really want to keep the known from the unknown I
suggest you carefully mark your named iris, make a map, and remove any others
 from that area. Give them to friends and neighbors. Use them for edging  or
donate them to you local iris society for the beardless iris sale as natural
hybrids. Many "average" gardeners really will appreciate helping to save the
wild iris.  (Some of the rest of us fellow irisarians will do the same).

I took printouts from some of the chats to our local iris meeting recently.
Just to share the info. available . Thanks. It is nice to share the good and
the not so good with others. The weather really does affect our feelings, and
sharing the woes and the triumphs is good. Helps keep us human.

I. chamaeiris a small soft yellow is now in bloom. It grows like a weed in my
garden. It is a nice continuation of color in the garden after the daffodils
are fading. Many more little guys are swollen getting ready to burst-yeah!
Pci's Night Editor and Junipero will be open today. Both keep blooming for
weeks in my garden.I won Queen of the Show with Junipero in "94, right after
returning for national in Portland .

We finally got a nice rain yesterday. I had been watering a few locations
already so the rain made both me and the plants happy.     Happy Irising
     Rita B