OT- Welcome, Dana Squires!

Welcome, Dana Squires, from Olympia, Washington, who wrote:

<< In my non-iris life I am an artist. >>

<<I'm not a big fan of bearded, I like the simpler lines of siberians and the
like. And saturated colors.>>

Many artists share your preferences, Dana, although for saturated color it is
hard to  beat some of the modern bearded cultivars. You may also find you
enjoy the clean lines and subtle coloration of many of the historic bearded
irises. I do. May I also suggest you investigate the beardless species
irises? Their formal integrity is eloquent and they are very easy and
rewarding to grow.

Again, welcome.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA (speaking)
Henry Hall   henryanner@aol.com