Re: Sectional Chimera

<<  The mother rhizome mutates
 right down the midline and all increase on one side are of the original
 appearance and all on the other side are the mutant form. The chimeric
 bloom on the mother rhizome is unique and is lost after the mother rhizome
 has bloomed. >>

Bill Ackerman (Dr. William),of camelia and Japanese iris reknown, tells me
that what you are describing is called an unstable mutation called a
sectional chimera.  I had it happen on Sterling Innerst's POINT MADE, which
on one side had all the yellow removed from the flower. I saved three
increases from the "mother rhizome", and the following year two were normal
POINT MADE but one had flowers that had absolutely now yellow in the flower.
 It has increased but not bloomed for the last two years.  Bill Ackerman says
it may revert back to POINT MADE, but I keep hoping it will not.  Clarence
Mahan in VA