Re: SIB/SINO-SIB?

At 10:39 AM 4/14/97 -0600, you wrote:
>The "regular" Siberians have 28 chromosomes and are derived from I. siberica
>& I sanguinea while the Sino-sibs have 40 chromosomes and are the result of
>crosses of Ii. clarkei, delavayi, wilsonii, forrestii, chrysographes & the
>probable hybrids bulleyana, dykesii & phragmitetorum.
>...I think they are a much overlooked treasure.
>John Montgomery

John, I knew that the Cal-Sibs were generally sterile, but what about the
Sino-Sibs? Are these resulting 40 chromosome siberian species
hybrids(Sino-Sibs) fertile with each other?

-Donald

Donald Mosser
Member of AIS, HIPS, SIGNA, SSI, SLI, SPCNI, and IRIS-L
dmosser@southconn.com
http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/5570

North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
USDA Zone 7b-8