CULT:Mystery

Hi All;
Maybe someone out there can help.  The other day we found a bloom among
our Batik that we don't recognize. It is a white (or off white) self,
with violet beards tipped mustard, more heavily toward the throat.  It
has a violet crest like Batik  and the standards and falls have a line
of violet at the very edge with a narrow, lacy band of violet around the
petals which also have violet freckles scattered around.
We checked on the parentage of Batik which are Aegean Star and Purple
Streaker-(which we have).  The description of Aegean Star sounds exactly
like our mystery bloom.
Has anyone heard of a cultivar regressing to one of it's parents?  Or is
there some other explaination of this?
We would appreciate any information or comments on this.
Gordon & Jan <Hueller@worldnet.att.net> Tucson, AZ
Where we are gaining on the quail and the garden is showing lots of
color, and most of our iris are normal.