Re: Fragrance of Iris - Recruiting Sniffers

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Fragrance of Iris - Recruiting Sniffers
  • From: CEMahan@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 06:29:19 -0600 (MDT)

<< we use the following sniffers' scale of
 fragrance. >>

The "sniffers'" scale in your message is the "Smith-Wright Iris Fragrance
Code" named after its devisers: Louise Smith and Kathryn Wright, now both
deceased. I was a member of a frangrance robin with these two ladies for
several years.  We all sniffed irises and put codes on the results.  These
are the data that Louise Smith compiled and that Libby Smith now has.
  Clarence Mahan in VA