Re: HYB: Help! What is this amoena?

Griff asks...

>I need help in identifying a tan amoena which was given to me some years
>ago as SAND AND SEA. It is not SAND AND SEA, which has tan stands and
>blue falls. THIS flower has pure white stands and tan falls, darkening
>toward the yellow beard.

The iris that immediately comes to mind is Trudy (Tompkins '71) I will give
the catalog description from a '71 Cooley's as I thing it does a better job
on description that did Chet.

"Trudy (Tompkins, '64) VL. 36" here is a color break in the amoena class.
The standards are pure white shading to gold at the base. Falls are
brownish with old gold beard. A breeder's Iris that is certainly
different."

It has a fascinating pedigree: (Helen Collingwood x Mystic Melody) X Madame
Butterfly; all of which would certainly place it in the recessive amoena
category. I will scratch around and see if I have a slide.

Cheers,

Mike,  mikelowe@tricities.net   --   http://www.tricities.net/~mikelowe/
South Central Virginia, USA