AIS: UNBELIEVABLE--some of it came!!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: AIS: UNBELIEVABLE--some of it came!!
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 23:30:29 -0600 (MDT)

Just want to let people know that today (April 15), we received our
long-awaited 1996 R&I book and calendar--we only ordered them 66 days
ago!!

But no delivery on the bunch of Basic Iris Culture booklets we ordered
32 days ago--it's a shame also because we use them to promote AIS to our
on-site visitors.  We've been open to the public for 15 days and only
have 33 days left of our open-garden season.  Seriously doubt we'll get
them in much time to help, what a shame.  Guess next year we will know
better and will order them 4-6 months in advance instead of remembering
about the tremendous service we used to get out of CJ Lack--17 days
would have been much more than enough time for CJ to get them here--he
was so efficient and prompt!!!

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California Sierra Nevada foothills--Zone 8--low 50 and high 81
today--status of our garden: very few MDBs left open, SDBs past peak,
IBs are at peak, some BBs open, ABs past peak, about 40% of TBs open.
If you plan to visit, the last 2 weeks of April should be peak TB bloom
this year.