Cult: Wowsers

Just had to say hi to all my friends and secret friends (those of you
lurkers that prefer to remain anonymous). I just got back from a three
day trip to Shreveport Louisiana to move my mom to Norfolk VA.

I was disapointed not to see many LA's while I was there but really
didn't have too much time to go cruising the waterways looking for what
was blooming. I did however see loads of Crimson Clover - WOW - I had
never seen it before. The were some wildflowers that I don't know the
names of - a blue thing that I would call lupin if it were in CA,  a
white or pale violet flower that looks in form like a poppy, and the
yellow flowers that look sort of like black eyed susans. Maybe somebody
can educate me.

Now then, when I returned late this afternoon, I of course went directly
to my iris beds and was just DUMBSTRUCK.

There were so many new TBs in bloom I didn't know which way to turn. I
am sure it will take me at least 2 hours to catch up on my log and
picture file tomorrrow. Just breathtaking.

I'm sorry, I am not trying to make anyone feel bad with all your weather
troubles this year, it was just such an incredible sight for me.

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.