Re: HYB: Help! What is this amoena?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Help! What is this amoena?
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 00:11:05 -0600 (MDT)

Mike Lowe wrote:
> I did in fact find the slide of TRUDY, chucked it into the scanner, and
> uploaded the picture to the HIPS web page.
> Point your browser to http://www.tricities.net/~mikelowe
> click on the "Quick Fixes" icon or link and the quick fix frame page will
> open with TRUDY.
> Cheers,
> Mike,  mikelowe@tricities.net   --   http://www.tricities.net/~mikelowe/
> South Central Virginia, USA -- Need to do a major upgrade to the HIPS
> website -- as soon as ROOTS is in the mail!!!

Mike, Jeff and Clarence -- Thanks for your comments, all of which are
very informative and helpful. And Mike-- what magic this medium can work
when utilized by someone who knows what he is doing! The photo you have
posted in HIPS could very well be the iris I have, given that your photo
appears to be somewhat back-lit. The acid test, of course, is seeing the
actual flowers side-by-side. I think I have lost the pod parent, though
I still have photos taken in full sun. The seedling sat in the garden
for 10 years without blooming, then bloomed, last year, after being
moved. I divided the clump after it bloomed last year. At this time,
there appear to be two bloomstalks developing. We will see what happens
(fingers crossed). Thanks again for all of your input.

Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA, where
STEPPING OUT and QUEEN DOROTHY are showing color and vying for first