CULT: Herbicide

From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>

Well folks I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon spraying the
herbicide 2-4-D throughout the yard and as close to the iris beds as I
dared.  We are being over run with henbit again this year.  I didn't
spray this pesky stuff last year and that was a mistake.  There are
areas in our yard where we don't have any grass left, all there is is

One thing I did this spring was to put an extension wand on my sprayer.
I can now stand upright and literally touch the ground with the tip of
the sprayer.  This is really great, wish I had put this extension on
last year.  I can spot spray single plants without having to bend over
to do it.  Also I was noticing yesterday how little over spray I was
getting because I had the tip so close to the ground.  This was allowing
me to get real close to plants without getting the 2-4-D on them.  To
anyone interested, I would recommend this or any other extension wand
for your sprayer.  My sprayer wand is now over 3 feet long.  This is

Glenn & Linda Simmons

Have you visited our new web site?
Onelist: Helping to create Internet communities