Re: CULT: Spraying

From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>

Glenn Simmons wrote:

> One thing I did this spring was to put an extension wand on my sprayer.
> I can now stand upright and literally touch the ground with the tip of
> the sprayer.  This is really great, wish I had put this extension on
> last year.  I can spot spray single plants without having to bend over
> to do it.  Also I was noticing yesterday how little over spray I was
> getting because I had the tip so close to the ground.  This was allowing
> me to get real close to plants without getting the 2-4-D on them.  To
> anyone interested, I would recommend this or any other extension wand
> for your sprayer.  My sprayer wand is now over 3 feet long.  This is
> great!

Yes this is definitely the tool to use. I have one of these sprayer units
and have used it for the last 5 or 6 years. It does work really well and
with very little overspray. A couple of drops of dishwashing soap in the
spray mix as a wetting agent also helps in the effective application of

I will probably spray the initial treatment for iris borer during this
coming long weekend as the iris are just starting to grow from their winter
dormancy and we have had a couple of warm days which will start to hatch any
overwintered borer eggs.

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI
Director-Canadian Iris Society
Newsletter Editor-Canadian Iris Society
E-mail:  cris@netcom.ca <mailto:cris@netcom.ca>
CIS website:  http://www.netcom.ca/~cris/CIS.html

Did you know that we have over 85,000 e-mail communities at Onelist?
Come visit our new web site and explore a new interest