Pre-emergent herbicide

From: Barry Silver <Barry.Silver@digital.com>

I am out from under the lurking rock. Happy spring everyone. I am trying to
start a small plant business and goings nuts over weed control. I have used
Preen on my Iris beds in the past and I believe it stunts their growth - at
least I had poor luck with the Iris under what should be very favorable
conditions.
2 years ago I went to the Peony convention at the Royal Botanical Gardens
between Niagra Falls and Toronto. A very beautiful place. Not a weed in
sight on about an acre of Iris. I called there and found out they use
trifloran - trade name Treflan. This is a very substantial and well tested
solution. I am thrilled. Have been on this robin for a couple of years and
posted sparingly. I'll be out again if I run across any more gems. To those
of you who post regularly with info - many thanks - someone is listening.

Barry Silver
 <<...>>
Consultant  Y2K
*    barry.silver@digital.com
*  TEL (978)493-3532 FAX (978) 493-0986 DTN 223-3532
* COMPAQ
       129 Parker Street PKO1
       Maynard,  Massachusett 01754-2122

Ideas on how we can improve ONElist?
http://www.onelist.com
Check out the Suggestion Box feature on our new web site