Re: CULT: Spraying

From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>

> There is a man here in Springfield who has been growing iris probably longer
> than I have been alive who has made his own sprayer.  I've been talking to him
> about this sprayer, it is pretty neat the way he has set it up.  He has it set
> up on a trailer he pulls behind his riding mower with a 12 volt electric pump
> running off his mower battery.  He has a couple of in line valves on it so that
> if the pressure gets too high it will allow the liquid to be returned to his
> tank.  He has a hose on his sprayer that is about 50 feet long so he can reach
> way into his garden without having to carry anything except the hose, no weight
> of a water filled tank to carry around the garden.  I'm thinking about following
> his lead on this and building me one of these too.  :)
	We bought a rig like this from Gebo's a couple of years ago
specifically to spray our pine trees for pine tip needle moth.  They are
spread out on a 660' line and carrying a pump up tank was a pain.
	We saw another neat idea at one of the garden centers this week.  It is
a regular 2 gallon tank sprayer on it's own 2 wheeler with a battery to
provide the pressure.  Looks very interesting.
	Currently we have modified our spray tanks so that we use an air tank
(with regulator) to pressurize them and we don't have to stop and pump
them up over and over again.  Sure saves a lot of steps.
	Good luck building your spray rig.
Dana Brown
Pres. South Plains Iris Society
Lubbock, Texas  79401
Zone 7 Usda, Zone 10 Sunset

Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
Onelist:  The leading provider of free email list services