Re: CULT: Spraying

From: "wstone" <wstone@volcano.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>
To: iris-talk@onelist.com <iris-talk@onelist.com>
Date: Thursday, April 01, 1999 5:59 AM
Subject: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: Spraying

>From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>
>There is a man here in Springfield who has been growing iris
probably longer
>than I have been alive who has made his own sprayer.  I've been
talking to him
>about this sprayer, it is pretty neat the way he has set it up.  He
has it set
>up on a trailer he pulls behind his riding mower with a 12 volt
electric pump
>running off his mower battery.  He has a couple of in line valves on
it so that
>if the pressure gets too high it will allow the liquid to be
returned to his
>tank.  He has a hose on his sprayer that is about 50 feet long so he
can reach
>way into his garden without having to carry anything except the
hose, no weight
>of a water filled tank to carry around the garden.  I'm thinking
about following
>his lead on this and building me one of these too.  :)
>
>Glenn
>Glenn & Linda Simmons
>Springfield, Southwest Missouri, USDA Zone 6
>mailto:glsimmon@swbell.net
>         or
>mailto:GlennSimmons@netscape.net

Glenn:
    Gordon of Gordon and Lorraine. ( Nicholson's Woodland Iris )
suggested I look at the Micron Sprayer. What impresses me is it will
cover the same area sprayed with approximately 1/4 of the spray
according to brochures. It is battery operated eliminating pumping
and lightweight. There is a website at  www.bubco.com for a
California Distributor or look at www.micron.micron.co.uk   At
present my sprayer sprays a 4 inch to a 18 inch pattern and I could
use a shield if needed. I feel with a controlled sprayer of this type
it possibly eliminates a lot of overspray.        Bill
wstone@volcano.net
Stone's Iris Garden
23801 Shake Ridge Rd
Volcano, CA 95689
    California garden with snow on the ground at 3500 foot elevation
Southeast of Sacramento, California

Have you visited our new web site?
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist: Helping to create Internet communities