Re: TB -Bloomout on Yaquina Blue

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

you wrote:
Donald Eaves wrote about a "likely bloomout on Yaquina Blue."  Of all the
iris in my garden, that is about the last one I would expect to bloom out.
My experience with it, in a couple different places, is just the opposite:
it blooms like crazy and produces even more increase than flowers.
Something strange is happening, Donald, and I'd bet it isn't the cultivar
that is wacko but something else.

Wacko weather!  Really I thought I had an exceptional increase this year on
cultivars - more than 100 and only 5 with no increase.  YB came with an
looking rhizome and grew a good fan, just no increase.  About 3 feet away,
CHESS put on 16 increases, most of which look big enough to put up bloom
Thus my two extremes were located in the same new bed (solarized in an
Texas summer) and near each other.  Anner said last fall that she thought
a rhizome was simply not typical of a cultivar when I mentioned LEDA'S
just sitting there, not rooting, not rotting, doing nothing.  Most everyone
said they had
good luck with it.  For an update on LL status, I potted it and moved it
back and forth
from a glassed-in porch to staying outside in cool and warmer days.  It
still is sitting,
not rooting as far as I can tell, not rotting either, doing nothing.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7 - bloom this a.m. on SHONDO, another on ZWANENBURG.  Nice
paired together, too.

Ta Da! Come see our new web site!
Onelist: A free email community service