Re: CULT: Victoria Falls

From: "Robert Dickow" <dickow@uidaho.edu>

Rita B <Mike00Rita@aol.com> wrote:

>I grow Victoria Falls because it blooms so beautifully and reliably regardless
>of the fact it needs some stacking. The stem is not strong enough but that
>won't keep it out of my garden!

That's interesting. Of the few TBs I grow Victoria Falls doesn't fall
over for me. And that is in some part day shade of a big tall blue
spruce. Anyway, I'll bet that some of my local conditions must
influence this trait of Victoria Falls. Maybe you could try some
lower nitrogen, high potash etc fertilizer? This often gives chunkier
stem growth for me. Bone meal seems beneficial. (Don't put any of
that on your JIs, though...too much calcium.)

*       Bob Dickow  (dickow@uidaho.edu)     \\// *
* Associate Professor of Horn/Theory/Composition *
*  Lionel Hampton School of Music/Univ of Idaho  *
* USDA Zone 5 http://www.uidaho.edu/~dickow/     *

Did you know that we have over 85,000 e-mail communities at Onelist?
http://www.onelist.com
Come visit our new web site and explore a new interest