Re: OT-BIO: Ryan Carter

From: "Perry Dyer" <pdyer@flash.net>

Welcome (back) Ryan.  If you have a listing of the varieties you're growing,
please e-mail a copy off-line:  <pdyer@flash.net>

I'm especially thrilled that you are already hybridizing.  I started
hybridizing at about your age.  But I didn't release my first introductions
until I was a senior in college.  I specialize in medians, and that's where
I've had my most success (one each of the Sass [Silent Strings], Knowlton
[Soft Spoken], and Cook-Douglas [Serenity Prayer]).  I was also the very
first recipient of the AIS Clarke Cosgrove Youth Achievement Award way back
in 19---- (do I have to say what year?  I don't feel that old~!).

Bloom has just started here in central Oklahoma.  I made my first crosses of
the season today.  I'm blooming the MDB's Wee Noble (Willott) and Yak Attack
(Kasperek), SDB's Mini Song (Blyth), Serenity Prayer (me), Autumn Ember
(Chuck Chapman guest, Canada), Lemon on Ice (Chapman guest), Easter
(Keppel), a few others, and some reselect seedlings.

Looking forward to your posts when your time permits.

Perry Dyer
Blanchard, OK