Re: PCN: how big?

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net>

>Some of my 18 month old plants are nearly 18" tall. They are thickening
>up well and I'm desperately hoping for flowers (and seeds) this year.
>The ones from Vicki are doing well, some 8 to 10 inches tall, and my
>germination rate was way higher, cos I coddle them babies on my window
>sill, and talk to them daily! You're just going to have to stop planting
>things outside and leaving them to the elements.

Actually, mine were inside for most of the winter, but you are right that
the winter freeze screwed up my germination rate.  I did not know it would
hurt them.  Ooops.  Live & learn.  I just placed them outside again today
to get them hardened off.  With luck, the cats won't think it's a new
litter box.  :)

Speaking of cats, you know it's spring again when you find feathers, beaks,
and bird feet scattered across the yard each new day.  Gross.  The
year-round birds seem to outsmart the cats, but the returning migrating
birds are just too slow or dumb.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net

If you like orange and blue, then you will love our new web site!
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist: Fostering connections and information exchange