Re: HYB: daylength vs temperature & bloom initiation

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Would your following comment be acclimatization?  For how long
would the memory last?  One season, two?  I know this is unlikely
to have a definitive answer.  Your best educated guess?

> what happens to a plant one year can
> influence subsequent years growth and development.  Plants have good
> "memories".  Plants are like computers - they remember all of the
> environmental inputs and process that information.  The output is what we

> see in growth.
Is memory contained in the seed along with genetic factors?  Or does
germination and current growing conditions determine the memory
aspect?   Would growing from seed be likely to enhance genetic
factors already present to create better odds for survival than
and do vegetative increase acquire memory foreign to the mother plant?

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7 - amazed at the beard on ESTHER THE QUEEN!   Really
does resemble a fuzzy caterpiller.

If you like orange and blue, then you will love our new web site!
Onelist: Fostering connections and information exchange