Re: HYB: daylength vs temperature & bloom initiation

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

Donald Eaves wrote:
> From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
> David,
> Thanks for your reply and I liked the lesson.
> My question on growing from seeds has to do with some of my own
> experiences and from some posts to this list concerning PCNs.  It
> seemed that no luck had been obtained from tranplants, but that
> some success occurred from those grown from seeds.  I've had
> this occur with other plants.  So I guess I'm wondering if certain
> genetics may be present which adapt to the growing environment
> and they develop environmental memory from the beginning which
> enhances that heritable trait....

With PCNs I had assumed that the problem was just that their roots don't like
being disturbed.

But what do I know--I haven't even succeeded in growing them from seed.

Gerry in cold sunny L.A., where the TB season is really getting started.
mailto:gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles
President of San Fernando Valley Iris Society

We have a new web site!
Onelist: The leading provider of free email community services