CULT: Earthworms and Moles

From: "Gary D. Sides" <irisman@mindspring.com>

Hey folks.  I have a huge problem.  Due to the fact that I used a good
amount of dried cow manure in my iris beds in '97 when I moved and made them
up, I now have a horrible infestation of Moles.  I have been reading on the
web and have decided that the only way to control the Moles is to kill all
the earthworms.  A thought I abhore, but I want to see some iris blooms
toooooooooooooooo.  I saw that Sevin 50%, Lindane 20, Prevail FT, and
Dragnet SFR will all kill the grubs and earthworms and the Moles should
leave, although I'll have to spray again in 4-6 weeks.  Any other ideas?
Any other experiences?

Gary D. Sides   Nashville, TN  USDA 6/7   irisman@mindspring.com
Bearded Iris Rebloom is Up and Coming!  Get some today!

Have you visited our new web site?
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist: Helping to create Internet communities