Re: CULT: moles

From: monashee@junction.net

I have no experience with moles but lots of battles with pocket
gophers which are worse because they are vegetarians not
carnivores as moles are.

I concur about the value of a good cat.  For several years we had
an orange gopher killer who probably was worth his weight in gold
at the nursery over the years. After his sudden disappearance last
year (probably as a coyote snack) we had to resort to poison. This
method is time consuming and for me at least rather nerve
wracking owing to the precautions which must be taken.

To my delight yesterday, one of our new cats (a big grey bob-tail)
came trotting up with a big gopher which he presented to me.
When I declined he sat down and ate every molecule of the gopher
and slept most of the remainder of the day. I am pretty sure now
that he knows the technique and the taste, that we will have a
valuable assistant. Not every cat will do the job.
John Montgomery
Vernon  BC  Zone 5

If you like orange and blue, then you will love our new web site!
Onelist: Fostering connections and information exchange