HIST: HONORABILE, and HIPS Page Articles

From: HIPSource@aol.com

Greetings,

This may have been mentioned already, in which case I apologize for the
redundancy. I've been busy with HIPS Board business and have been skimming.

Anyway, a short time ago we had a discussion of the historic variegata
HONORABILE (Lemon, 1840), a much beloved iris much given to erratic sports.
In the course of this discussion I mentioned an article by Jean Witt in a
past issue of ROOTS, the journal of the Historic Iris Preservation Society.
Mike Lowe has been kind enough to post this article, and others, including
one on Rebloomers by past HIPS President Clarence Mahan, on the HIPS webpage.
Look to the left, just below my brief notice on Irises for Period Gardens.

For those new members of this list unfamiliar with HIPS, I shall say that we
are an international organization, an affiliated Section of AIS devoted to
the study and conservation of hybrid Iris cultivars thirty or more years old
and historically important Iris species. Thus our mission includes irises of
all kinds, and many ages.

We invite you to visit our webpage, which, we believe, is among the most
attractive and informative of those devoted to irises. And we invite you to
let us know if we can be of any help to you. The address of the page is:

http://worldiris.com

Anner M. Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman
Historic Iris Preservation Society
HIPSource@aol.com
"Preserving Irises, Iris Documents, and Iris Artifacts for the Future."