From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>use poison grain--the same as for mice--the poison
>usually is a strong anti-coagulant--blood thinner--and they bled to
>death--this is safe to use where there are dogs and cats--if they eat
>the dead moles they are not affected by the anticoagulant--
>Carryl in western Montana,

If a dog or cat eats one or two dead moles, the anticoagulant type
poisons will not be likely to affect them, as these poisons have a
cumulative effect.
If the animal eats several dead, or live moles, containing poison
pellets in the stomach, over a period of time, the dog/cat may start to
show signs (gums bleeding, blood in the urine etc,) or, if these signs
go unnoticed, may simply bleed to death (usually internally).
Anticoagulant type poisons are far from safe to use around pets!
Sorry to get on my high horses, but I must reiterate Bill Shears
constant plea - don't use chemicals unless all other methods fail, and
unless it is absolutely necessary!
Jan Clark