SPEC: versicolor

From: "Ian E. & Shirley Efford" <avocet.intl@sympatico.ca>

Ron asked "Am I correct in thinking that if I ever did find variation
in color or form of wild Iris versicolor, that it is highly unlikely
that I would find variation within one particular site?"  I would
suggest that the distribution of variation should be quite uniform
although, in an area like yours on the Shield, you might find pockets of
high variation.  If the geology of the area was high in uranium or
radon, then their might be a tendancy to have higher variation.  The
level of variation is very unlikely to differ across the eastern half of
the continent.

Ian, in Ottawa
Ian, in Ottawa

Would it also be true that there is far more variation in
wild Versicolors in the eastern segments of the continent
than there is toward the mid-west?

Is ONElist important to you?  Has it changed your life?
Come visit our new web site and share with us your stories