Re: CULT: germination

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net>

>I'd like to hear how the rest of you are doing with your seeds, too.

For the last 5 days or so, we have had good mixture of rainfall and
sunlight with daytime highs of 60 to 80 and night time lows of 40 to 60.
Very warm indeed!

Alas, no germination!  I have 22 packets of SIGNA seeds sown...including
arils, arilbreds, interspecies hybrids, evansias, setosas, tridentatas,
reticulatas, longipetalas, etc.  Everything (with the exception of Iris
wattii) was left to stratify outdoors since January.

I anticipated this warm & wet spell would have triggered germination.
Indeed it did for other things like Iceland Poppies...but not for any of my
SIGNA seeds.  Not yet  I check them all daily, so I will keep y'all posted
as to their progress.

I also have over a hundred LA iris seeds and some I. pseudacorus seeds
which I received from a private source a few months ago, and none of those
have germinated yet either.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net

Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
Onelist:  The leading provider of free email list services