Re: MED: Or Lack There Of

From: "sidneygardener" <sidneygardener@email.msn.com>

Dana,
Sorry to hear about the hail storm. We usually get ours in May just in time
for the Aril Show, NMIS Show, and the AIG Show.

I lucked out last year and cut everything a week before the show. The
weatherman said chance of hail and I panicked. My husband thought I'd
finally lost my last marble when I removed all the food and racks from the
refrigerator and all the clothes out of the hall closet. I replaced all
those unnecessary items with iris. Iris in vases, buckets, jars, and wine
bottles (emptied as I turned bloomstalks under the heatlamps,changed water,
blow dried buds, and groomed my babies at 3:00 am). All but 5 flowers opened
for the show, but I was so tired I don't remember the thrill of victory. Ha,
Ha.

This weekend we had snow, 50 mile mph winds, and a wind chill factor of 20
degrees. Today it was sunny very little wind and high 60s. We're going to be
lucky if all our iris don't bloom before the shows.

Again my condolences,
Cindy
Albuquerque, NM

>:((  So much for the show this weekend.
>--
>mailto:ddbro@llano.net
>Dana Brown
>Pres. South Plains Iris Society
>Lubbock, Texas  79401
>Zone 7 Usda, Zone 10 Sunset

Have you visited our new web site?
http://www.onelist.com
Onelist: Helping to create Internet communities