From: monashee@junction.net

> If a dog or cat eats one or two dead moles, the anticoagulant type
> poisons will not be likely to affect them, as these poisons have a
> cumulative effect.
This is what I have been led to believe.
I have always avoided these poisons for this reason. The much
more deadly strychnine treated grain is much faster and the pocket
gopher goes  or stays down and we have never had a pet poisoning
with it. Nevertheless, I do fear it and use it only as a last ditch job.
perhaps someday when the traffic is lower, I will tell you of my
adventures in trapping gophers and the inferioroty complex they
gave me.
> If the animal eats several dead, or live moles, containing poison
> pellets in the stomach, over a period of time, the dog/cat may start to
> show signs (gums bleeding, blood in the urine etc,) or, if these signs
> go unnoticed, may simply bleed to death (usually internally).
> Anticoagulant type poisons are far from safe to use around pets!
> Sorry to get on my high horses, but I must reiterate Bill Shears
> constant plea - don't use chemicals unless all other methods fail, and
> unless it is absolutely necessary!
> Jan Clark
> Have you visited our new web site?
> http://www.onelist.com
> Onelist: Helping to create Internet communities

John Montgomery
Vernon  BC  Zone 5

We have a new web site!
Onelist: The leading provider of free email community services