Re: CULT: germination

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
> A brief amount of sunshine today and baby irises are popping up again!
> I.setosa (Q142 or 412 ?) donated by Carla Lankow is suddenly going wild. 8 of them up all at once. The other setosas are also poking tiny noses out of the potting soil.
> A dozen pretty little I.dicotoma are also up.
> I'm most anxious about the I.nelsonii. I really want to get these going. These weren't chilled but were soaked for a month before planting. Anyone have any idea how long these take to germinate?
> I'd like to hear how the rest of you are doing with your seeds, too.
> Christy Hensler
> Newport, WA z4b

	Dear Christy and others with Signa seeds.  Here is the order of
germination of the seeds I ordered.  These were chilled only by
Mother Nature.

	1. setosa

	2. lactea

	3. laevagata

	4. ensata

	5. versicolor

Now, when these grow large enough to be removed from the pots and
placed in 'blooming' holes, how much shade do they need?  I am
afraid that I may have too much sunshine where I plan to put them.
Actually, it is full sun!  But, I can shift some things around and
provide afternoon shade if they require it.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 (first TB bloom today on FREQUENT FLYER...
gawjus and lacy and not just another white...the stalk
is super and well branched and survived last night's noisy storms)