OT:Gophers & amonia/bleach

From: Gordon & Loraine Nicholson <iris4u@pacbell.net>

Dennis, can you tell us more about the amonia/bleach combination?  I
purchased both last night, told son #2 and he said it might not be a
good idea because it is so deadly and I might find myself laying out in
the field after using it (guess he loves me after all) because it is so
strong. I am desperate to get rid of these gophers (7 acres worth), we
use the gopher gun (pellets deep into soil) but doesn't seem to work as
well here in heavy soil as it did in sandy loam, soil here is sticky and
I think it stops up hole in probe. Please everyone don't tell me to grow
just what I can take care of, that is too limiting.  There must be a way
to stop these cunning pests, can't stand the way they watch me from a
hideee hole that I can't find!!   Lorraine at Woodland Iris gardens, we
have one as in 1 tb in bloom out of 35,000 plants.

Share the wealth!
Tell a friend about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!