Re: PCN: how big?

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>Speaking of cats, you know it's spring again when you find feathers,
beaks,
>and bird feet scattered across the yard each new day.  Gross.  The
>year-round birds seem to outsmart the cats, but the returning migrating
>birds are just too slow or dumb.

We don't get much in the way of migrating birds. The cat's are talking
about mounting an advertising campaign - you know - tourism for birds -
"Come to sunny Castlemaine for the Spring, a trip to die for!" that type
of thing!
We tend to get things like 2 legged, headless inside-out hares,
deposited on the back door step. A normally docile cat will be hovvering
over it, snarling aggressively.

What I'm really writing about is - I'm hoping to see my first flowers
from the PCN's I grew from Graeme Grosvenors seed, this spring. If they
turn out nice, and set enough seed, should I collect some for you? I
can't grow them all myself (if I get a lot), and only know one
interested person in Australia (short of advertising - I'm sure there
are more).
Also, I haven't forgotten those articles from the BIS that I promised to
send. It's school holidays here, so I have no access to cheap
photocopying. You will likely have the article written before I get them
to you.

Happy bloom season, Jan