Re: MED: Or Lack There Of

From: "Perry Dyer" <pdyer@flash.net>

I groaned when I read your "hail" post.  Of course, the week before the
show!  Reminded me of a time when I was but a lad.  I had spent the entire
afternoon making crosses -- at least a hundred.  Weather forecast was one of
those where, yea, it might rain, or it might not (I think in Oklahoma that's
called a 30% chance of rain).  So, the pollen was a-flyin'.  No more had I
finished tagging the last set of crosses, when the skies opened up and we
had the Mother of All Hail Storms.  Gone were the crosses for that day, AND
all the pods from earlier sexcapades that spring.  Pha-rumpf.

Speaking of breeding....I'm getting as much median hybridizing done now,
before tall bearded season arrives.  With the convention but 4 weeks away, I
might not have much time to devote to hybridizing.  (Actually, I *should* be
weeding non-stop, but I've *got* to spread a little of the fluff).  Not even
close to SDB peak yet (probably next week).  First IB opened yesterday.
Translation:  We should be at PEAK for the national convention, the first
week of May.

Perry Dyer