Re: HIST: SPEC: Donald's Homested Purple

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> From Anner:
> I'd say I. germanica was a real good candidate for an unknown shorter
> two-toned purple homested iris in the South. It is ubiquitous here in
> Virginia, although not as often found as I. pallida, which is so prevalent
> that some folks think it is a native flower. Mike Lowe wrote an interesting
> article in the Spring 1995 issue of ROOTS about I. germanica called "I've
> seen this Mug Everywhere!"

	In this post Donald and Anner have whetted the appetites of
long-established listers/talkers who await axniously Anner's finds in
the back alley tours of Richmond and Chesterfield county.  Her
wordsmithing takes you there.  Hang on; it can't be long now
until this masterpiece  scrolls down your screen.  Don't miss it.

	It is a pleasure to see Anner posting again.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 (joins Donald in viewing ZERZURA as it opened here
today with its bedmate TEL AVIV.  These two mated last year and have
four children still in the nursery)